Question: What, if anything, about the way people are leading today needs to change in order for leaders to be successful in a complex, rapidly changing environment where we’re faced with seemingly intractable challenges and an insatiable demand for innovation?
Answer: “We need braver leaders and more courageous cultures.”
About – The Dare to Lead™ Program
Based on the latest research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically-based courage-building program designed to be facilitated by organizational development professionals to help individuals, teams and organizations move from armored leadership to daring leadership. A collection of four skill sets, Dare to Lead™ creates a unique opportunity to teach, measure and observe growth and development in the following areas:
- Rumbling with Vulnerability: Facing risk, uncertainty, and emotional exposure with courage and clarity.
- Living into our Values: Identifying, operationalizing, and practicing the values – both personal and organizational – that help define our experience.
- BRAVING Trust: Clarifying and deepening our connections – with ourselves and others – based on the seven elements of trust.
- Learning to Rise: Moving though and learning from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we choose to step into the arena and are brave with our lives.
What To Expect – The Dare to Lead™ Program
Trainings and presentations are tailored to your audience and broadly applicable to all stakeholders. During discovery, we will go through an in-depth analysis to determine what areas of focus are particularly important to you and your organization. As a Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator, you can expect I will facilitate experiential learning, self-reflection exercises, group discussion, and lead activities designed to engage the mind and heart. Additionally, I will share short videos recorded by Brené on many different topics that will enhance your learning experience.
Why This Training? – The Dare to Lead™ Program
This VUCA world we are living in is desperately in need of brave and hopeful people who are willing to be in the arena, living their values and practicing daring leadership. Hope is not a gauzy, “maybe someday” concept. “Hope happens when,
– We have the ability to set realistic goals
– We are able to figure out how to achieve those goals, including the ability to stay flexible and develop alternative routes, and
– We believe in ourselves.” ~ Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection
Close your eyes for a moment and imagine we live in a world where society not only expects but demands that the leaders of our organizations (and our schools, our government, our communities) knows how to and are willing to have hard conversations with civil discourse. Where giving, receiving and asking for feedback – even when it is tough – is looked at as a gift. Where taking the time to talk with each other, and hold both themselves and others accountable through healthy boundaries building trust, empathy and connection.
What You Will Receive – The Dare to Lead™ Program
- Daring Leader Assessment
- Dare to Lead™ Workbook (16-hour program)
- Dare to Lead™ PDF (all other programs, unless otherwise requested)
Individuals who successfully complete the full 16-hour Dare to Lead program will receive a certificate of completion and are allowed to put a Dare to Lead Trained badge on their LinkedIn account.
Brené’s Netflix Special – Call to Courage (Released April 2019)
Brenés TED Talk – The Power of Vulnerability (June 2010)
Let’s cultivate a more courageous, hopeful future. Now. Together.
I’ll meet you in the arena.
Intact Teams, Groups or Individuals
2/4/8/16-hour Trainings, Keynotes, and Modules